Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Major Update!

So, the last blog I posted (2 months ago) was a doctor visit update? WOW....Ummm, Dr. S was out of town, so I was seeing the other doc in the office. He did the ultrasound to check the baby (she was fine), but to my disappointment, he didn't check to see if I'd dilated any more, or anything! I had my non stress test (hooked up to a fetal monitor) to check for contractions and to monitor the heartbeat of the baby. That all went smoothly.

The last visit with Dr. S, he said that he wanted to see me first thing Monday morning, upon his return, because we were going to discuss the induction again. Well, when I explained this to the nurse, she told me that he was all booked up until Thursday (August 20), and she made my appointment for that time. I was a little hormonal, and cried when I left the office. "WHY?", I thought to myself...couldn't things just go MY way for once!!?!!

On Sunday, August 16th, I was having what I thought was Braxton Hicks, and I felt a little out of whack (more tired than normal), but I blamed it on the heat and work. I went to bed early that night....didn't sleep much!

Monday morning, I woke up feeling sick to my stomach; I wasn't sure if it was something I ate or my sinuses, but I called my boss to tell her I was coming in a little late. I took a Tylenol, drank a big glass of water, and piled back in the bed with my pups. I felt a few contractions that morning, but again, very light and I thought they were BH!

When I woke up, I got dressed, feeling much better and went in to work. YAY, I got a call around lunch time that Dr. S WANTED to see me first thing Tuesday morning, and I even got an apology from the nurse (so I wonder if something was said to her?). I was soooo happy to see Dr. S, I sent texts to my dad and Wayne telling them I didn't have to wait until Thursday! :)

When I got home, I felt so good that I made dinner, and Wayne and I watched a movie. I, again, was feeling contractions, but they were so erratic and didn't feel all that strong. By 7 PM though, I knew they were REAL contractions, because it'd hit me about every 15 to 20 minutes. The wave of nausea that I'd had that morning hit me around 9, and I excused myself upstairs to take a shower, hoping that I could calm down to sleep.

At 10 PM, I laid down in the bed to cuddle with Wayne, and don't you know, I had to pee! It ALWAYS happens when I get comfortable. I got up to go to the bathroom, and (although I won't be as descriptive here) there was bright blood, which SCARED the daylights out of me! I called to Wayne that we needed to go to the hospital because I was bleeding. He (in my opinion) panicked a little; it seemed like he was running all over the place. Luckily, the bags were all packed and sitting by the door. I changed out of my nightgown, put on my slippers, and off we went.

I called my dad to tell him that we were going, but assured him that they would probably send me back home (as this was the story I'd heard SO many times from other first-time moms). Little did I know!!!!

By 11 PM, on August 17th, I was hooked up to a fetal monitor, wearing a diaper, laying in bed leaving messages to work and a few other people....WE were in LABOR!!! I'd love to go into detail about some of the MOST hilarious things I've ever experience in my life....I'm not sure I should? ;) There were times when I wasn't sure if I was having contractions or really bad gas; I was bugging the nurse every 5 seconds that I had to pee, when in reality it was amniotic fluid leaking, and she threatened me to not have Camilla in the toilet (because that would be a whole other set of paperwork for her to fill out!)!

All in all, I had a pleasant birthing experience. Although I swore I'd have a natural birth, after 3 hours of (what I thought were painful) contractions, I was shaking and exhausted....so I asked for an epidural at 4 AM. It was either that, or risk being too tired to have her without c-section, and I WASN'T having a c-section!!! By 9 AM, I was dilated to an 8, and they were prepping me to start pushing....By 11, I was pushing like there was NO tomorrow, and at 12:21 we had a baby! :)


She weighed 5lbs 15oz and was 18" long....and I don't know how my heart didn't explode! Especially when I looked over and one of the delivery nurses handed her to Wayne, and I saw him smile and start crying. My heart still swells even thinking about that sight. I didn't know that I could love him more than I already did....or that I could love ANYTHING more than I love him!

So, I'll skip forward a bit....Camilla weighs a little over 9 lbs now, and she's probably about 22" by now......


She's the most precious thing in our world!

No comments:

Post a Comment