Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Whimsy of it All!

I know that it's perfectly premature, and I'm pre-preplanning, but something hit me the other day.....

I've decided to decorate the baby's nursery....with frogs! Yep, F R O G S; all sorts of the little buggers too, tree frogs, bull frogs, realistic and whimsical alike....this way, I can start NOW. (we all know that it takes me forever to finish a project; just ask Wayne) I think I'm going to paint the room a soft brown (maybe like the color of sand or a really milky latte), and then hang mint green and brown curtains (or something along that line).

I figure this basic color scheme will allow for shades of blue (if it's a boy), or shades of lavender for a girl, to be woven into the mix! AND that means that I can get started NOW! Wayne has promised to help me this weekend, to get his things in order, move the weight equipment around, and to start thinking of a scheme to it all. I won't worry with the paint or anything until it warms up enough outside to open the windows for ventilation. But that doesn't mean that I can't start shopping for UBER cuteness like this music box I found on Ebay......



And now the explanation for Frogs; Wayne dug a pond (with HIS bare hands), 2 or 3 years ago, while on his vacation. We collected rocks from our many adventures kayaking; added some koi a year ago, along with water lilies and hyacinths....and now it's GORGEOUS and relaxing. I know some of you are SCREAMING right now about the safety of the baby, but my grandmother had a pool when my cousins and I were wee things, and we're all still around!

So, probably not a week after the pond was full, we started noticing frogs all over! We've had good frogs and bad frogs (there was an incident involving a baby duck and her "almost demise"). Yes, I name them too....there was "the Frog Father" (a fat thing that reminded me soooo much of Marlon Brando it was ridiculous), Lubey Luke, the Smarty Frog, The wicked thing/devil-frog (the one who tried to eat my friend's lovely little duck), and now Glen (think Glenda the good witch, from The Wizard of Oz). *and yes, I've researched these frogs every time we see a new species in the pond; I can tell you if they're male or female!

How wonderful for our baby to have this "built-in" ecosystem in our back yard; full of wonder and life; I just know he/she is going to LOVE the frogs as much as we do! :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope your baby is big enough to escape the evil clutches of the frogs in your pond that feast off of baby ducks :) Now, the rest of us know what to get for the new baby too ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH...Wayne hauled that frog off; he now resides somewhere on Redstone Arsenal :)

    ReplyDelete